Why choose Musical Surprise?
Check out our studio and find out why we are the west valley’s #1 choice!
1. We provide a variety of lessons, classes and services in one location.
We offer private lessons in almost every instrument, group classes in the most popular areas of piano & guitar, and have music programs available for ages 2-92!
2. We have the largest and most qualified music teaching staff in the west valley.
We hire degreed teachers, board-certified music therapists and professional performers. We have someone available to teach almost any music style and genre to all levels of students.
3. We have a professional music studio – this is our business!
No more waiting in the car (or someone’s living room), or standing in a music retail store showroom waiting for your student. We have a comfortable waiting area and everything we need at our fingertips to give your student a quality music education in a comfortable, professional environment. You can even sit in on your student’s lesson.
4. We have everything you need to get started.
Our lesson rooms are stocked with amps, guitars, pianos, keyboards, stands, full drum kits and more. We have books, strings, reeds and supplies in our retail store and instrument rentals are available too– all we need is YOU.
5. We have specialized programs for all types of students.
We use a variety of specialized programs specific to our students’ needs. Mini Mozart classes are built to teach young learners ages 3-6yrs the basics of playing the piano, Youth Guitar Classes use adaptive methods for little hands, Adult methods are used for older beginners. Nobody is left out at Musical Surprise!
6. We have a proven track record of excellence.
Every year, aspiring music teachers start their own studio and then close it down soon after– not us! Our full time mission is teaching music lessons, and we’ve done so successfully for more than 25. We are privately owned and operated, and opened Musical Surprise in 2008, becoming the “go-to” place for music programs in the area.
7. We think music lessons should be educational AND fun!
We believe a strong theory-based foundation is essential to any student’s program, but we also know that our students are taking lessons because they think it would be FUN to play! That’s why we supplement our lessons with music that students WANT to play and incorporate Performance PARTIES into our teaching schedule so that students learn the joy of sharing their music with others in fun, low-pressure situations that celebrate music!
8. We believe that music should be accessible to everyone.
That’s why we offer lessons for ages 3 and up, classes for toddlers to adults as well as music therapy services and adaptive lessons for those with special needs. We welcome all ages, levels and abilities.
9. We offer lessons at times to fit almost ANYONE’S schedule.
We currently book lessons during the following hours: Mon- Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 9am-3pm.
10. No long-term contracts, we bill tuition on a month-to-month basis or by group class term.
We don’t think long-term contracts are necessary- our students make good progress and tend to stay because they want to!