In honor of our late CEO/Founder Robyn Harris, we have built a scholarship fund to provide lessons and musical opportunities to future musicians. Robyn’s dream was to provide the gift of music to the community. She started Musical Surprise in means of doing just that.
In 2008 after moving to Arizona, Robyn opened Musical Surprise in Surprise, Arizona. As the CEO/Owner of the company she had a passion of creating a place of music for everyone, of all ages to learn music. Through her experience, knowledge of music and business expertise, she has grown Musical Surprise to the largest Music Center of the West Valley in Arizona.
“What has been the proudest moment of your career so far? – It’s hard to find one moment- but when our students are performing, whether it be in a formal recital, a rock concert in the park or a local restaurant, a piano ensemble with 12 grand pianos, or for a local retirement home- it is just a remarkable experience to see them sharing their music with others. It’s really amazing!”
-Robyn Harris, Voyage Phoenix
We want to give back to the community by sharing the legacy Robyn left for us. Providing an opportunity to students to receive up to six months of lessons, who may not have the means to get started themselves. This scholarship is generously funded by students, staff, and the community.
To enter click the button below and follow the instructions.
Please upload a drawing/painting, poem, narrative, or original song describing what music means to you.
Contest Dates: March 1st-31st, 2021
We will select two winners on April 8th, 2021.
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship Application:
– Nominees must be over the age of 6.
– Nominees must be a resident of Arizona.
– All students offered scholarships will receive an official offer’ email offering the funds, and must reply either accepting or rejecting this offer within 14 days of receipt.
– In acceptance of the scholarship, students must agree to and sign for all terms and conditions before scheduling lessons.
– Providing false or misleading information is an offence. If Musical Surprise knows or has reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, Musical Surprise may reassess your entitlement to the scholarship.
Congratulations to Brook Littell & Andrew Estrella, the first two winners of the Robyn & Kelby Harris Music Scholarship!
Congratulations again to these amazing musicians-to-be!
We cannot wait to see what you both accomplish!
Stay tuned for future Scholarship opportunities!