Musical Surprise Policies and Procedures
1. Schedule – Each day of the week has been scheduled for 48 teaching days per calendar year (Please see studio calendar). This will ensure that each student receives an average of 4 lessons per month over the course of the year. The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute, any missed classes will be made up. If the student is late in attending their session, the studio is not obligated to go past the schedule lesson time. All schedule arrangements must be made with the front desk, not the individual teacher. It is the responsibil- ity of the parent or adult student to be aware of lesson times and studio activities, such as performance parties, recitals, extra classes, and dates the studio is open or closed.
2. Payment – A non-refundable registration of $25 is due at time of enrollment. All Student Tuition is to be paid in full at time of registration for Group Classes, Music Therapy, and Camps. Private Lesson tuition is based on a 12 month period and divided into 12 monthly payment installments and remains the same each month. Tuition is based on enrollment, not attendance, reserving your exclusive lesson time throughout the year whether the student attends lessons or not. Tuition does not change regardless of the actual number of lessons per month (see yearly calendar for details). Private tuition is due by the 10th of each Month. Tuition will be paid by automatic bank account debit or automatic credit card payment. Tuition will be debited from your bank account on the 1st or 5th day of each month. All charges will appear on your bank statement or credit card statement as being from Musical Surprise. Any Student Tuition that is not received by the 10th of the Month will incur a $25.00 late fee. Any NSF transactions will incur a $25 NSF fee. Refunds will not be given for Group Class, Summer Camp or Private Students who withdraw from lessons before the month or term ends.
3. Missed Lessons – Group make-up classes will be given for missed private lessons on Saturdays. Students may sign up for any group make-up class that works with their schedule. No refunds are given for missed lessons. There are no private make-up lessons unless the teacher cancels and the studio is unable to provide a substitute.
4. Discontinuation of Lessons – There is a two-month minimum for all private lessons enrollments. A 30-day notice is required to discontinue any Private Lessons. Withdrawal must be done in person and will not be accepted over the phone or by email. Withdrawal paperwork must be completed and turned it at the Front Desk and not with the teacher. All automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop 30 days after the withdraw paperwork is received.
5. Additional Notes – NO FOOD or DRINK is allowed in the store or studio except bottled water with a lid. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the studio of any address or telephone number change. The studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 10 are to remain in the studio during classes. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class. It is the responsibility of the Parent, Legal Guardian, or Adult Student to inform Musical Surprise of medical conditions at the time of enrollment. Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on studio property resulting from normal activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time. All retail items to include, books, instruments, and etc. purchased through the Musical Surprise retail store section must be paid for at the front desk before use in any student session. Items may not be removed from the retail area unless purchased. The studio is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the studio creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
Updated: July 01, 2018